Thursday, May 08, 2008

 

A Mini-Taper...

I am having a mini taper this week ready for the Ridgeway Walk. After the Belvoir Witches walk, I had a rest day on Monday (driving around in the country, looking for a pub that served food, much more difficult than it sounds!!)

Tuesday I went out for yet another meal, but as I finish work earlier than my friend, I put on my trainers and marched for an hour round Ruddington Country Park. It was gorgeous- hot and sunny and giving me high hopes for summer...

Funnily enough, when me and my friend returned from our meal, my friend's mum was panicking rather as she said she had seen a bird of prey next to a tree when she took their dogs out. She said that she had been watching it for several minutes, and was so worried I went back with her, walking through the woods til we found the spot where she had seen it. Luckily, it turned out to be a part of the tree, much to the amusement of my friend, who kept repeating "Is it a bird... is it a plane... no... it's a tree!"

Wednesday I went to Body Toning- very hot! I decided to walk back a different and longer route back to East Goscote, through fields, with a 5 kg pack. It was a lovely walk, around 5 miles total, eventually following a winding path through woodland beside the river. The only problem is that there is a bit of road walking back to the village at the end, which wouldn't have been a problem if a car full of t**ts hadn't decided it would be a great laugh to accelerate towards me, swerving away at the last minute. The world is full of to**ers...

So total mileage is around 9 miles, plus I went on my mini stepper whilst watching a documentary on Tutankhamun for an hour. I don't know how much benefit I get from the mini stepper but I do break a sweat.

Going to have a really early night tomorrow, as I stupidly decided to drive to the start of the Ridgeway, walk it and drive home... around 2 1/2 hours each way- d'oh!!!

It's going to be a hot one... I had a real find in Asda- individual sachets of SIS electrolytes and recovery! And in the interests of blogging and feeding back from my travels I have also splashed out on a new battery for the camera!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?