Friday, May 23, 2008

 

A Quiet Week...

I really haven't done much this week! Due to a combination of feeling knackered and having a headache that lasted for two days...

So what's been happening since Sunday... not a lot... Monday I used the stepper whilst catching up on telly, watched a documentary on Alfred Wainwright, he of the Fell Walking guides to the Lakes... bit sad maybe, but did make me want to dash off to the Lakes! I love the Lakes- really must try to spend more time up these...

Tuesday I went for a cross country walk with a lightish pack. I decided to try a route I'd not done before, and all was going fine until I reached a bridge and saw the field where my path was leading.

Cows.

Young stocky bullocks with horns- all gathering round the gate, staring at me! I skirted around, hoping that the path actually went a different way, but knew deep down it went straight through the field, so I steeled myself, took a deep breath and waded in...

They were fine! Very curious and did follow me a bit, it was quite funny. I'd walk a few paces and sense them following me, so I'd turn round and they'd instantly freeze, like some kind of statue. They soon got fed up and just watched me go- I don't mind that, it's just when they run, jostle and mock charge!

My Garmin told me I'd done about 8 1/2 miles in all. Did nothing Wednesday cos it was my mate's birthday so a few of us went out for tea, and yesterday was the second day of the mystery headaches!

I had intended to run, but wasn't feeling great, so went and walked Jake, mum's crazy dog (I had to have words with him as he pulled me over- luckily out of sight of the kids nearby). I plugged into my music and walked around the next village after I returned him, probably another 6 miles in all. I am going to the gym in a bit as soon as I feel motivated!!

Hopefully will be definately back to normal this week, guess the rest may have done some good! I won't be here for the next few days as am going to mum's caravan in Wells-next-the-Sea but will update on the sand/ dune running!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?