Monday, June 23, 2008

 

Another Week Goes By...

Well, I think I am feeling slightly better, seems like a few of us have been feeling a little bit 'blaagh' lately... I suppose it's inevitable given what we are training for and the amount of time involved.

I did do a fast (for me!) 6 1/2 mile run Saturday night- although it wasn't race pace, i did push myself and got round in about 1 hour 7 minutes, and felt I could have gone a lot further... then I really pushed myself on the gym treadmill Sunday, running at 6.3 mph for 6 minutes, 6.4 mph for 2 minutes, 6.5 mph for 6 minutes, 6.6 mph for 2 minutes, 6.7 mph for 6 minutes, 6.8 mph for 2 minutes, and 7 mph for 3 minutes.

I went on 'Brian' for 15 minutes, the elliptical for 20 minutes, 10 minutes walking on incline on the treadmill plus usual round of weights. I am not expecting a PB for these shorter races but at least I should get round!

I had an email containing the official times for the Ridgeway 40- I had thought I finished in 11 hours 30 minutes, but they reckon it was 11 hours 24 minutes... not complaining!!

I have also sent off my entry for the Kent 50 on August 10th- Rach and Carol are doing it (and they are both doing the MdS next year- Rach is number 2 on the waitlist so is hopefully bound to get a place) so will be great to meet them.

I have the first race in the Holme Pierrepont Grand Prix series tomorrow... a 10k round Holme Pierrepont watersports centre. Should be a lot drier than last year!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?