Sunday, June 01, 2008

 

New Gym Equipment!

I had a lovely surprise at the gym this week- they have in some new equipment!! As well as some new pieces of weight equipment, there are two brand new high tech treadmills!! Not only are these great to use in their own right (and they incline, naturally) everybody tends to make a bee line for them, leaving the others, which are perfectly adequate, free, so I don't feel so bad for being on there longer than the recommended 20 minutes for peak times (I always am!) So there are now six treadmills in all, four which incline.

There are a couple of new steppers, plus another thingy which I discovered today... I can only describe it as a cross between an elliptical and a stepper... it has swinging arms like the ellipticals, but you need to take a large, sliding step up. It's quite hard work... but exactly like climbing steep hills, or dunes... so I think it and me are going to get fairly well acquainted over the next few months...

What with walks at Wells, and runs, I have just about done 35 miles this week, but may start to increase to 40 miles per week. I went out last night for a 7 miler with a pack, but the path I use is getting very overgrown and full of nettles, to the point of being impassable. I have loads of itchy red lumps on my ankles today, probably not helped by needing to dive into the nettles for a private wee stop!

I haven't done any long distances for a while, which is worrying me... I may try a 13- 15 miler next weekend and a 26 miler the weekend after, I am still considering the 60 miler in early July.

Katie has been doing a gym course through work, and has to be assessed giving somebody a gym induction next Sunday, so I have volunteered to be the somebody- not quite sure what's involved but she swears on Gemma's life it does not involve scales or calipers to test fat levels!

Labels:


Comments:
Hi,

We have recently launched a {myfitnessequipment | mysportnutrition } choose one which is most appropriate blog/site and we are looking
to spread the word and get in contact with similar websites to ours to
promote relevant blogs and websites.

Please email me at chriss714@gmail.com

Thanks
David
 
Wow - this blog puts my gentle strolls in the countryside to shame!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?