Wednesday, August 06, 2008

 

Nothing Much Doing...

... I haven't done an awful lot this week... sort of tapering for the Kent 50; Saturday I actually did such a good job of procrastinating, that I only managed 7 miles with a light pack and I've been feeling guilty ever since! Especially as it's getting close to 'that' time of the month so have also been eating loads of chocolate... mind you, chocolate must contain carbs, right!?

I did redeem myself by going to the gym Sunday, but stuck to only 20 minutes on the treadmill- I know I should be tapering but I am never quite sure how much or little I should actually be doing!?!

I went out last night to a slow jog sans pack- about 8 miles, with the MP3. I am thinking of going to the gym tomorrow but only doing a very light cardio workout and concentrating more on weights. I've not been back to body toning, mainly because 1; it's not that challenging and there is other stuff I could be doing instead, and 2; I am skint- and still have the MdS to pay for plus equipment to buy... my gym membership includes all classes there, so I really ought to get off my butt and join some!

The Kent 50- This is (obviously) a 50 mile event, consisting of 8 cross country laps of just over 6 1/2 miles each. There is a time limit of 15 hours, which is actually quite tight; I did have reservations about an event involving doing laps round a field, but the bonus is that we can leave packs at the start point, and access our stuff at the end of each lap. This will be my first 50 miler, and a milestone (lierally!) if I can complete it... I have also sent off my entry form for the Bullock Smithy Hike in September.

I am meeting Carol and Rach- fellow forum buddies and 2009 MdSers, which will be great- we are staying in a Travelodge the night before, so can discuss tactics.

I am also having my ears syringed tomorrow... which I am not looking forward to... actually the hearing seems to have returned today for the first time, but suppose I'd still better go through with it...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?