Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

Shiney New Shoes!!

I know I'm sad, but I thought I'd take a photo of my shiny new Brooks Addictions... I almost don't want to use them and get 'em all muddy... almost...

I went to the gym Monday as it was Bank Holiday- the gym thoughtfully opens normally on Bank Holidays- it was the first time I'd been back after the Kent 50, so although I did the usual 30 minutes on the treadmill, I didn't go above 6.7 mph. I was aching quite a bit but this was probably due to the fact that I had spent the morning sweeping floors! (Don't ask!!)

I conceded to the aches and pains by only doing 15 minutes on 'Brian' instead of the usual 20, followed by the usual strength training and 20 minutes on the ellipticals. Funnily enough, both Brian and the ellipticals tell me I've done so many miles or kilometres, but I don't include them in my weekly totals...

The new shoes have been well and truly christened now, so I feel a 10 miler coming on right now... last week was about 27 miles, so hoping to do around 35 this week then taper next week ready for the Bullock Smithy... never quite sure I am doing these things right, but we'll see!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hey Steph,

Those are some nice new shoes! It's a shame that they never stay looking that way for long. But I've gotta give you some credit - taking a picture of them is a brilliant idea!

All the best...

Ian C, another crazy marathon des sables runner...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?