Saturday, August 23, 2008

 

Weekend Update...

Gosh, that week flew by- can't believe it was only a week ago that me and mum were packing up the van to come home!!

The good news is that my toes are a lot better, although at least one of them is on the way off... I have done some running and walking this week- a brisk 5 mile walk Monday, slow 8 1/2 mile run Tuesday, and a steady (meaning slow!!) cross country run Thursday. Unfortunately the path has completely reovergrown, so I had to force my way through countless stinging nettles, and couldn't be bothered to locate a dock leaf, so have a lovely red rash on both ankles...

One of the fields I run through usually only has a few sheep in it, so I had a moment of consternation when I saw cows as well... luckily though, they just completely ignored me! The sheep were another matter though... usually they run away, but today they decided to follow me, and I noticed that quite a lot of them had small but vicious looking horns...

My running shoes are knackered, and I think that was the cause of a slight heel/ leg pain on Tuesday's run. I have some more ordered but they don't come cheap!

I have had the official registration forms for the MdS and order to pay the first installment by 10th September... suddenly it is getting very real and very very scary...

On a lighter note, here is a lovely picture of me, Carol and Rach storming along on the Kent 50... note the lovely bright orange baseball cap...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?