Saturday, August 02, 2008

 

A Wet Weekend...

Well. I was thinking of doing a nice 16 mile walk/ run in the countryside, but it's absloutely hissing down, and it's somehow lost it's appeal... what I may do instead is procrastinate all day and then go out later, walk/ jog my 7 mile route and then run round the villages to make up 15/ 16 miles. I'm so glad it wasn't like this last Saturday!

My ear continues to drive me mad... I still can't hear and have lovely whistling noises in it- I can even hear my own heartbeat wooshing around in there (I assume it's mine, anyway...)

What have I done this week... Monday I did a recovery walk- about 4 1/2 miles. Tuesday was takeaway night with a friend (god it was tough!!) Wednesday night a did a 6 mile run. Thirsday was back to normal at the gym, with 20 minutes on 'Brian' (that sounds odd!) and some hill work on the treadmill as well as the usual stuff. It was so hot and humid Thursday, although the fans were going at the gym there seemed to be absolutely no air at all... mind you, that's a good thing for me- something I have to get used to!

Next week will be a taper for the Kent 50- just hope the weather picks up a bit by then!

Labels:


Comments:
20 minutes on Brian - now there's a thought!! Lovely pics on your blog. I'm a crap blogger at mo. Oh well - nothing to report I suppose! Will definitely bring my camera to the Kent 50 and get some pics of us girls. Glad the ear is being sorted out - must be a nightmare all that background noise!! I haven't done anything since Trailwalker so may try and have a short run or two this week to limber up the legs! Have a good week x
 
Cheers Rach- you have a good excuse, you have been on holiday!!

Yep, the ear is driving me nuts at the moment, I am really hoping it will be back to normal by the weekend as I'm getting fed up missing out on conversation.

I am going to take it easy this week, I am never quite sure of how/ when to taper and proper recovery times for these events though...

Hope you have a good week too, and am looking forward to the weekend!
xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?