Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

Getting Back Into It...

... I feel like I am getting back into things after the B*llock Smithy. Tried a 6 miler Monday and attempted to go a bit quicker than I normally do!

Tuesday I skived a bit and watched telly- I love 'The Secret Millionaire'- when I am a millionaire I will be very generous with my time and money... I did use my stepper while I watched, though, and did some arm work with my weights in the commercial breaks!

Last night I went out for 8 1/2 miles with the trusty MP3 player, at the usual 'Sahara Shuffle' pace. I think I will go to the gym tonight and give the treadmill and 'Brian' a whirl... felt a bit off this week though- really tired and as though I may be coming down with a cold, but not actually getting one! A couple of colleagues have succumbed and are either off or coughing and spluttering away in the office- so getting one may be pretty much inevitable... unless all this training has boosted my immune system to superhuman strength!!

I have entered a couple of events- The Ponton Plod on Sunday, 27 miles near Grantham for the third year running (and walking!!) and the Starkholmes Stagger next Saturday. That's a 30 miler from Matlock- 5000 ft of ascent. I did this one a couple of times about 11 years ago, until it stopped, and have always wanted to do it again. It is a mile longer and used to be in March, but looks as though it pretty much follows the same route, so I am really looking forward to this one. Nice distance too- just a bit more of a challenge than the 26 milers, but not too much of an Ultra.

I have another couple of 26 milers lined up, then have entered an Ultra in the Brecon Beacons in December, run by Likeys. This is going to be great, as nearly everyone doing the MdS in 2009 are going to be there so we can have a kind of MdS pre-union!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?