Monday, September 29, 2008

 

Season Of Mists...

Shocking- I haven't updated for over a week!! Not that there's been much to report... a slow steady 7 miler Wednesday then I came down with the lurgy. I knew I'd get something, even with my super-fit immune system (yeah right...) and Thursday I felt lousy all day. It really felt as though something nasty was going to my chest as it felt quite tight and I was full of cold.

I have had to cover the Duty system at work quite a lot, which means staying later and sorting urgent stuff out, so I felt pretty knackered all week too. I didn't do my planned session at the gym Thursday night, and Friday I woke up feeling really rough, so didn't go into work. Didn't do much all day apart from eat chocolate and watch daytime telly.

The cough didn't actually go to my chest, luckily, and even the cold wasn't as bad as I expected- Saturday I felt more recovered so decided to try a short walk; a shortened version of my 7 mile route, so about 4 1/2 miles. It was a lovely misty autumnal morning, with the leaves changing on the trees, so I took a couple of shots;

Autumn Mists

I felt quite wobbly whilst walking so obviously hadn't recovered and probably shouldn't really have done it...
Sunday I decided discretion was the better part of valour so missed going to the gym again- I walked around 3 1/2 miles instead, but on the roads this time. Today I had intended to run, but a mate wanted a chat so I multi-tasked instead like the woman I am- chatted to her on the phone whilst walking 4 1/2 miles...
I will be madly cleaning tomorrow as my Dad and Stepmum are arriving Wednesday from Spain for a week- but will try to fit in a run- I may even try some hill reps!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?