Saturday, October 18, 2008

 

Busy, busy!!

I have been so busy the last few weeks... I am moving house in a fortnight and the amount of packing I have to do (not to mention getting rid of so much stuff) is overwhelming!! As a result I decided against doing a back to back this weekend, so am just doing tomorrow's event- the Spires and Steeples. This is a 26 mile trail running from Lincoln to Sleaford; there is transport from Sleaford to the start at Lincoln Cathedral, and we walk back to Sleaford. There are checkpoints, and my instructions advise that water is available. Food isn't mentioned so I will take plenty.

This week hasn't been too bad in spite of being busy- Monday I impressed myself as I managed an 8 mile slow run with a light pack despite it being two days after the Winder. Tuesday and Wednesday I managed 30 minutes on the stepper and lots of sorting stuff- I guess lugging bin bags full of stuff to charity shops is all good training, not to mention shifting heavy boxes! I am wondering what the reason was behind me keeping every tax disc I have ever bought...

Thursday was a hill reps session- I found two hills in the next village, and ran up one four times and the worst one five times, as quick as I could. I have only just started to do these, and could feel it in my legs! I followed this with a cheeky little gym session Friday. Shame I have eaten pizza, Burger King and Chinese since... kind of negates it a little...

Must go, I have no idea how early I need to leave tomorrow...

Labels:


Comments:
Hill reps!!! Aaaahhhh!! Now I know I need to start doing these but really am not looking forward to it. I know I will look completely deranged going up and down the same hill which happens to be on a busy main road!!! Despite all the moving stuff, you're doing loads of training. I'm very impressed!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?