Monday, October 06, 2008

 

Quiet Week...

I've not updated very often lately as things have been quite busy... partly because my Dad and stepmum are here at the moment, and mostly as I am getting ready to move- I have decided to move into my friend's house as it will save us both quite a bit of money, which is very important, particularly in light of the fact that my bills are escalating constantly and the MdS is costing such a huge wedge of dosh...

She is willing to have Lucky as a lodger as well which is essential; the downside is that I am having to downsize in a major way, and get rid of most of my stuff- eBay is my new best friend!!

And, of course, I still have to keep up with the training... speaking of which, I have been building back up this week; I covered around 31 miles, plus had a good gym workout, with a three miler on the treadmill at a fairly fast pace (top speed of 7 mph but only for 2 minutes!!) plus some work on 'Brian' and the elliptical. Although I am now going to have to find a new gym as I will be moving to Nottingham very soon... I would love to find one with a summit trainer, such a fantastic bit of kit!

I have another 26 miler planned this weekend- the Waltham Winder, which I did last year- and the weekend after, there are two challenge walks that are fairly local; one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I am considering doing them both to get my first experience of doing long walks 'back to back', I will come to a decision nearer the time...

Winter is on it's cold dreary way- I had to scrape my car windscreen this morning! That's depressing...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?