Sunday, November 09, 2008

 

Another Overdue Update!!

Yep, I am doing really badly updating!! Well, I am settling into Nottingham ok... since my last run I have found another one... a brilliant hill run! I did this one on Thursday, it's one long road, and basically a series of slow gradual climbs, with a few steep ones, culminating in an absolute killer- which I managed to complete without stopping!

Friday was my new posh gym induction! Sadly, it was just a safety briefing and introduction to the equipment ('Have you used a gym before... etc etc) so was very basic. I am apparently entitled to a session working out a personal program tailored to my needs, so I have booked this for Monday 24th November. Be interesting to see if they can meet my needs! I went today and pounded the treadmill for 20 minutes, concentrating on speedwork, then 20 minutes on the ellipticals- these have tellies!! Seriously, I cannot get used to having rows of treadmills and ellipticals! No summit trainer, sadly, but something I think may be a bit similar if I can get the hang of it...

I found substitutes for all the fixed weights I have been used to using, and got very excited over a tricept machine- yippee, a bingo wing blaster!!! Finished off with a 15 minute incline run, then an inaugral shower- note to self, next time remember bloody comb!! I had to get petrol looking like a reject from Glastonbury.

I noticed that on Tuesday they have a free 'fitness' evening, where you can get your fitness questions answered (' How do I do the MdS...') and have a fitness test apparently, so I may wander along to that. Handy when the gym is only 10 minutes walk away!

I haven't done a long walk for a while though... I have one in mind for this weekend that's now fairly local. Just need to obtain a map for this area!

Labels: ,


Comments:
The LDWA Six Dales Cirtcuit in the Peak District is on this weekend, if you're after a long walk not a million miles away.
 
Hi I was looking for a review of the Charnwood Marathon , has I hope to run it next year , and came across yours . I think your Blog is excellent, good luck with the MDS , that would be an amazing achievement, thanks.
 
Hi Shane
Thanks a lot for your comments, the Charnwood Marathon is definately well worth doing. I really hope I can complete the MdS!!
Rich- I was looking at that but may be on dog sitting duties unfortunately so may have to work around that :-(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?