Tuesday, January 13, 2009

 

Feeling Unmotivated...

Yesterday was a novel session for me- I went to the gym but instead of using the cardio stuff, I warmed up on the treadmill and then concentrated on weights and core work. I have never done that before, and had to fight the urge to jump on the ellipticals. It was bloody busy though... New Years resolutioners!!

I had intended to do a fairly speedy 6 miler tonight, but suffered from complete lack of motivation. It was one of those nights when you feel really down, and would rather sit around, read and scoff loads of chocolate than force youself outside.

I could think of so many reasons NOT to go, and I kept putting it off... I'm too tired... my foot hurts a little... I'll just stay home and eat chocolate tonight and start from tomorrow... but then told myself I would just go out for a brisk 4 mile walk. Nothing more. Even when I was changing into my training gear I almost took it all off and put my pyjamas on instead, but mentally threw myself out the door.

I walked down the street, plugged in the MP3 player and actually started to jog- I ended up doing my fairly fast 6 miler with a few faster sprints thrown in! It was quite funny... the next village has those signs that light up and display the speed you are driving at, flashing a warning if you are driving too fast. There were no cars behind me when I approached one, and it suddenly lit up, displaying 7 miles an hour with a 'Thank you'!

Ok- I have still scoffed far too much chocolate- but at least I have done my training!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Happy New Year Steph, I watched the MDS on the TV the other day, are you mad?,it looked very painful but I bet when people get back home after an experience like that they miss it and don't know what to do with them self's .Keep on training just a bit longer , it will all be worth it when you're writing about your week in the sand in your Blog.
 
Hi Shane, thanks for your kind words, everyone thinks I'm mad and I don't blame them!!
I think I am going to have to find another challenge after this, if I manage to do it, as I think you're spot on about missing the experience once I'm back home.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?