Wednesday, February 25, 2009

 

ECG Sorted (Hopefully...)

Well, I finally got around to booking myself in for my jabs for Morocco (which kind of makes me wonder whether I should have had any before going trekking the year before last but hey- I survived!!)

I resolved to ask the nurse about getting an ECG and signed GP certificate, and struck lucky! Turns out she regularly completes Ironman Triathlons, and her and a friend were considering the MdS but decided it was too difficult to get a place. So not only did she know about the MdS and need for various jabs, she also, when I tentatively mentioned the fact that I'd need an ECG, said "Oh I'll book you in for one, we won't charge you for that". So I have my EGC booked for 3rd March and the appointment with the GP straight after.

Let's just hope it comes back bloody normal!!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'd be more concerned if it came back normal Steph!
There's bound to be all sorts of wierd and wonderful anomolies that show up becuase your heart is endurance trained. "Not Normal" is perfectly normal for MDS competitors!
 
Thanks Rich- I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?