Wednesday, March 11, 2009

 

Back From The Docs...

Well, that was an experience!! Saw the doc last night and was subjected to a medical examination. Of course, all I could think about were my ECG results, and typically enough he was running late...

He asked me lots of lifestyle type questions, weighed and measured me (officially 5 foot 1, so I'm sticking with that... the fact that I have my shoes on doesn't come into it...) then I plucked up the courage to aske about me ECG. He brought up the readout on his computer and stared at it for what seemed like ages. It all looked like wriggly lines to me, with an unexplained dip at the end. Finally he said 'It looks fine, but I think one of the leads was put in the wrong place so it may be as best to have it done again'. Have it done again?!? He felt that it may give the French docs an excuse to question it, so I agreed that this would be the best option and suggested that he sign the medical certificate on the same day he signs the ECG off.

Then it was onwards with the medical examination- blood pressure, reflexes (got a kick out of that!!) listening to my chest area and massaging my stomach whilst breathing deeply and then finally a urine sample (I never have any problems providing these!!)

I seem to be a healthy specimen but couldn't stop myself asking if he would be able to see if there were any problems from that ECG. His answer was 'Yes, probably' and replied that it does look ok. Now I have convinced myself that I am going to develop a heart murmur between now and Friday, when I have rebooked the ECG for.

This is all going to cost me £65 but will be well worth it for that all important signature and surgery stamp!!

Two weeks today I will be on my way to Gatwick...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?