Sunday, March 15, 2009

 

A Fortnight Today...

... before the start of the 24th Marathon des Sables!!! Nervous??? Erm, yeah- just a tad!!

I think I am nearer to getting sorted- went into Nottingham yesterday (on the bus- wimp!!) and found some Camelback water bottles reduced- these have had a good write up on the forum. I also got enough painkillers (Nurofen Plus, Voltarol, Paracetamol Plus) to start a small pharmacy!

I have ordered shoulder pads- the kind you put on a car seat belt to stop it rubbing- to put on my rucksack straps so they don't rub my shoulders. A genius idea- although not mine!

I have considered taking a black bin liner with me and cutting a hole in the top- hey presto, instant modesty smock! I thought it was inspired, but when I told my older sis, she started to laugh and begged me not to do it!!

I have been taking things easier as I have felt a bit of pain across the top of my left foot since Thursday and don't want to injure myself at this stage... so yesterday all I did was walk to pick up a parcel which turned out to be my shoes and gaiters- with velcro stitched onto both- looks like it will do the job nicely and keep sand out! I walked round town and then to Tescos later for large resealable bags, so only about 5 miles in all. I will probably walk and go to the gym later- will see how I go.

I have written a list of stuff which I will post here in due course- god knows how I will fit it all in!! Definately got to find room for my camera though. Oh, and I have to pack each day's food and work out the calorie content...

Panicking- nah!!!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?