Friday, March 20, 2009

 

Hot 'n' Steamy...

In a last minute desparation attempt at preparing myself for the desert heat, I have embarked in sessions in the gym steam room!

I wasn't quite sure of the protocol, but had been advised that swimwear should be worn as it's mixed- a great find of a swimming costume for £4.89 in Tesco and that was me all set! (Last of the big spenders...)

I had my first session Tuesday- I opened the door, walked in and immediately felt panic as I couldn't breathe- it was as though the air were water and I struggled to get a breath in. It was quite nice in there... sparkly ceiling lights, ambient music and a slightly eucalyptus scent, and once I got over the breathless feeling I managed to stay in there for nearly 15 minutes. I went in again Thursday and immediately felt much more comfortable. My breathing was much better and I stayed in for at least 20 minutes- I could have easily stayed in longer.

Ok, I won't be crossing the desert in my swimming costume, but it's not going to do any harm hopefully...

I have eased off on my training and stopped running- I'm mainly walking and cross training but may even just swim at the gym and use the steam room. No sense in inviting injury. I am also trying to eat more carbs- my body demanded chips tonight though and I was in no position to argue, knowing what I am about to put it through...

... this time next week I will be in the Sahara Desert- it doesn't seem real...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Best of luck Steph.
 
Thanks a lot Shane! Much appreciated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?