Monday, April 27, 2009

 

Knee Healed... And New Injury!!!

Well, touch wood my knee appears to be just about healed. I tried a 7 mile walk around Colwick Country Park Saturday, and it was fine... so I thought I'd try a little gentle jogging at the gym, so tried 3 X 5 minutes of slow running interspersed with 2 minutes of walking. I followed this up with a fairly gentle 30 miles on the elliptical. I could feel a slight sensation but it wasn't pain or even discomfort and I was wearing my support bandage, and kept stretching it out.

It was absolutely fine afterwards, and is still fine today- so hopefully that's on the way to being sorted.

However, I now have another wee problem... I stupidly tried an exercise at the gym I hadn't really done before- kneeling on the bench, holding a weight and pulling my arm up behind me in a kind of tricept row- to try to blast those bingo wings once and for all!

As I lifted, I could feel a movement in the muscles under the skin- but no pain, no discomfort, nothing. Until 4 o'clock this morning that is. I woke with a really sharp pain in my left side, which just got worse and worse no matter how I tried to lay. In fact, I convinced myself I was actually having a heart attack and tried to feel my pulse! Then I realised that when I lifted my arm I could feel the muscles pull, so I have obviously strained something. Trouble is, with it being right over the rib cage, every time I breathe it bloody hurts- but I can hardly stop breathing! it was agony trying to wash, dress and drive to work, but I've more or less kept it at bay with painkillers. Don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight though.

Shit. I just want to get back into it as I have been eating loads of crap and feel fat... several folks on the forum have had niggles- maybe we just took a lot more out of our bodies than we realised!

I have another reason for wanting to get back into it though- I borrowed my sis's copy of 'Run Fat Boy Run' at the weekend, hoping it would be inspirational. And it was (as well as being funny and feelgood!) so inspirational in fact that as soon as I finished watching it I went and signed up for the Robin Hood Marathon!!!

Labels: ,


Comments:
a fairly gentle 30 miles on the elliptical!!!!!

I don't know what an elliptical is but I hope you mean minutes not miles.
 
Yes- I did mean 30 minutes!!! Bit of a senior moment there!

The elliptical trainer is also known as a cross trainer with the chance to work your arms too- great for low impact training as it supports your weight.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?