Wednesday, May 27, 2009

 

Back From The Beach...

Had a nice little break in Wells-Next-The Sea. I was going to take some photos, but the camera did it's usual trick of deciding that the battery had run out when I went to switch it on, so I took it all the way down there for nothing. I used mum's but she needs to get around to emailing them to me before I can share them!

I dog-sat Friday night and Saturday, which went fairly well. I had a little disagreement with Jake- I thought if I let him sleep on the bed, he would just lie down next to me but clearly his intentions were to lie on top of me!

The journey down to Wells was a nightmare- the worst I've known! It usually takes 2 1/2 hours to get there... Sunday it took me 4 1/2 hours!! Definately a combination of Bank Holiday and the fact that it was actually hot and sunny- lethal! I gave up queuing in King's Lynn and cut across country instead- I wish I could be laid back, chilled and patient, but that's not me... I'm the one fussing, fuming, swearing and chuntering to myself...

I haven't really ran yet (shocking!!) but we did get in some nice long walks around the woods and down into Wells. My step dad is a keen 'twitcher' so kept diving off ahead when he thought he spotted a marsh harrier or lesser spotted something- he's really serious, the lens on his camera is taller than me!

We did go bird watching yesterday, and I saw some Avocets, swifts and a pair of shoveller ducks, which was scarily addictive!!

I really must get back into running soon though...

On a news breaking note, fellow endurance adventurer Rich has developed a new site detailing ultra marathons and races around the world, with details and accounts from each; it's going to be a fantastic resource for the Ultra world, so check it out at http://www.beyondmarathon.com/

Labels: ,


Comments:
Thanks for the plug Steph, you're a star! What ultras are you planning for the rest of the year? Are you going to tdo the Bullock Smithy again?
 
Ultra ?

I'm struggling with any distance at the moment.

The training has gone to pot and I don't feel very fit or motivated.

Unfortunately, those excuses won't help me a week on Saturday when I'm supposed to be doing the South Downs Marathon.

God help me !
 
Hi Rich, no problems, you have put in a lot of hard work with the site, and it will be an important resource for the ultra running community.

I am doing the Bullock Smithy as it's kind of unfinished business for me! I am also doing the Robin Hood Marathon, but nothing else planned as yet.
 
Hi Miserable Bleeder, I know how you feel, I'm just getting back into it again and have been struggling to motivate myself to run!

I think you will be a lot fitter than you think you are and will be absolutely fine- best of luck for the South Downs Marathon, hope you have a fantastic race
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?