Sunday, May 10, 2009

 

Back Into The Saddle...

Well, it's high time I stopped malingering and got back into the saddle as it were...

I have been taking it fairly easy- I stopped off at Ruddington Country Park yesterday and walked around there for an hour. It was lovely- the trees had a full set of lovely spring green leaves, and the May blossom was out everywhere. I saw lots of baby moorhen, plus a big water rat that ran away as I approached.

I decided to go back to the gfym today and do a fairly gentle work out- some weights, plus 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 10 minutes gentle running. I could tell I hadn't ran for some time, plus obviously am still getting over the virus as I felt pretty tired afterwards.

Then, in a nod towards healthier eating, I made a pasta and pesto salad, and followed it up with a bowl of strawberries, respberries and blueberries. I felt quite virtuous- until I remembered that I ate a load of chocolate for lunch! Ah well... baby steps...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?