Monday, June 01, 2009

 

300th Post!

300 posts! Can't quite believe that!! Quite a lot seems to have happened since I first put fingers to buttons...

I decided enough of the malingering at the weekend, and have kind of got back into an exercise routine! I went to the gym Friday, and followed my new program- but I am really struggling to run 3 miles at 6mph! I'm up to 2 miles at 5.3mph to 6mph and that seems really hard work... it's quite distressing to think that just a short while ago it would have been easy!

It was such as gorgeous day Saturday I went for a 7 mile stroll to Colwick Park, around the lakes and back.



Colwick Park

I lingered at the edge of the lake for a while, watching baby moorhens and baby geese, and a confrontation between an angry swan and protective geese parents.



Confrontation!

In the end the geese decided that discretion was the best part of valour and beat a retreat.



Baby Geese!



Colwick Hall

The evening was so lovely I decided to go for another short stroll, on paths nearby leading to Netherfield Lagoons Nature Reserve; I had a 4 miler planned out, but had a bit of a shock... I had completed my circuit and was walking back along the footpath, when I saw a bloke standing up on the path in the distance, with a push bike on the ground in front of him. Nothing unusual you may think... it was only when I drew nearer that a realised that he was completely naked, and, erm, lets just say he was enjoying an activity more appropriate to the privacy of his own bathroom...

I was in shock- not the usual thing you expect to see when walking, especially along a popular path! Then came the realisation that I was going to have to walk past him... I just marched past, looking straight ahead, fixing my gaze on the horizon- when I past him he said "Lovely evening!"

I did call the police as soon as I was out of sight, and a chap came round to file a report. He said that there had been similar complaints last year, and that this bloke doesn't seem to approach women... still, it's put me off using that path a bit, which is bloody annoying as it's a main route to a lot of walks!

After that shock I stuck to the gym Sunday and had quite a good workout- I have downloaded a marathon training schedule and am using a combination of that and my gym work outs plus a dash of imagination...

I am also going to eat less rubbish- it's definately not a good sign when you walk into the local chinese and they recite your order before you even open your mouth...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?