Sunday, June 07, 2009

 

I'm Back!!! (Again!)

Well, in terms of training! I really feel as though I am getting back into it after a long time doing nothing much at all and feeling flabby and unfit.

I have been following a marathon training schedule I've found as well as my gym training, and ventured for a run outside for the first time in a long while on Tuesday night.

Nothing earth shattering happened, the ground didn't open up, I didn't even see the flasher, I just had a nice gentle 20 minute run- as per schedule. It felt tough at first, but after that it got much easier and I enjoyed it.

Wednesday me and me mate planned a meal out and a short walk, but it was so bloody cold we literally went 5 minutes up the road from the pub and back!!

Thursday was my gym session... and I was really pleased with myself. My new gym schedule calls for 3 miles at 6 mph, building up to 4 miles, but I had previously been struggling to run half a mile at 6 mph! I planned to try to run 1 mile at 6 mph, after running a mile between 5.1 mph and 5.7 mph to warm up. I felt good, so kept going, and ended up running 2 miles at 6 mph quite easily! Not too great still, but a real improvement.

I followed this up with 15 minutes walking on various inclines, plus the weights. The only thing is, the weight machines she has told me to use are the most popular ones with the body building contingent...

I even fitted in another cheeky 20 minute run Friday! So- I am off to the gym now to see if I can improve on Thursday's effort. Bloody weather though- I can't believe it can be so different from one weekend to the next!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?