Sunday, June 28, 2009

 

A Productive Weekend!

This has been quite a productive weekend! I thought it was about time I went for a decent length walk/ run, so chose the two routes from 'Short Walks in Nottinghamshire'I last did in January- 8 miles round Lambley and 4 1/2 miles round Gunthorpe and Caythorpe.

It was warm and muggy and there was a few spots of rain, but nothing serious. I followed a bridleway, which in January had been really boggy, but was just overgrown. I thought I'd try to run most of the routes (well, jogged)even though this bit was uphill- I didn't fancy meeting any horses as it was so narrow!


Nottinghamshire Countryside

There was a long road descent to Epperstone and its Dovecote;


Dovecote At Epperstone

The route follows another attractive bridleway, climbing up to an ancient woodland.


Looking Over Woodborough

There was a long descent through fields, before crossing a church yard and main road back to Lambley. I was sweating buckets, but jumped into the car and drove to Caythorpe to start my second route. This went across fields to Gunthorpe, before returning to Caythorpe by the River Trent.


The River Trent

It was quite busy- loads of people round Gunthorpe locks, plus an ice cream van which I had to make myself pass. Apart from walking up the hill in the third photo and a couple of walks for snacks/ drinks, I did jog most of the 12 1/2 miles.

Today I had seen a 'Bingo Wings' workshop on the classes noticeboard which sounded interesting... so I waited by the entrance as instructed, and a girl called Carmen came out. I was the only one there, so she went through some bingo- wing blasting exercises with me. I confessed my fears that there appears to be no muscle in the bingo wing part of my upper arm to tone, and she told me that she used to be really heavy, but had lost loads of weight. It had left her with a load of loose underarm skin, which she hated and use to cover up.

She said that she even went to her doctor to ask for an operation to remove the skin, and he refused, saying she would just have to learn to live with it for the rest of her life.

But she decided to do something about it... and her arms are now really toned- no loose wobbly bits at all! She said that it was purely down to doing bingo wings exercises... if that isn't an inspiration I don't know what is! I'll be doing these on a regular basis now- so watch this space (and these bingo wings!!!)

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Sounds like a good plan regarding the arms. We have tried a couple of Boxercise classes which help with the Arms.

But I would also recommend Bodypump, which is weights (you choose the amount per exercise) and circuits to help toning.

Good luck with the Nottingham training, I entered the Half last year but came back from the hols with Man Flu and they refuse to let you defer the entry.

As for Real Buzz, I started a blog on there to help with the training a couple of years ago.

Then they had a website reorganisation last year so I had to start again.

But what I like is that it is a really positive website with plenty of people who comment on your achievements (or lack thereof), and you can get some great tips or meet some very nice people.

I'm not sure how easy a blog like your is to find, for a wider audience. I only stumbled across it whilst looking for info on the Seagrave Wolds event.

Have a look and see what you think:-

http://www.realbuzz.com/blogs/event-list/virgin-london-marathon/

This is the London Marathon where the majority of people are, although there are other sections for General Running & Fitness etc etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?