Wednesday, June 24, 2009

 

Trying Something New!!

I took a step into the unknown tonight... I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try something different... something new... yep- I joined a class at my gym!

All the classes are included in my monthly membership fee, so I thought it would be a good idea to actually take advantage of this and try a few classes. I must admit, part of the reason I had been procrastinating was because I was a bit nervous- I wasn't sure how to join a class, whether to tell them at reception or just walk in. I was a bit worried I would get all the moves wrong (I have the co-ordination and balance of a hippo doing ballet) or wouldn't be able to keep up!

But I 'bit the bullet' tonight and decided to joing a 'total toning' class. I waited outside with the others, and just copied them when they immediately grabbed a mat and two sets of hand weights. I was reassured from the start when a girl walked up to me and asked me what to do as it was her first class too.

It was good- I didn't get too badly lost and it was quite challenging- lots of squats, lunges and arm work with weights. I will certainly be feeling my legs in the morning- I can feel 'em now!!

I noticed that there is a 'Bingo Wings' class on Sunday... I may give it a go...

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've tried Boby Pump and Circuits at Cannons. The BP clashes, but I'm still aiming for two circuits classes a week.

I also do a Boxercise class with the GF and a Circuits based boxing class once a week.

All are great fun.

Only trouble is I'm not very consistant, but I'm hoping that the South Downs experience will spur me on not to miss any classes.

I;ve even got a business trip away next week for two nights. Normally I would have booked a hotel and done nothing.

This time I've gone for one witha gym & pool.

Mind you this is only week 1 !!

P.S.
Are you on Real Buzz at all ?
 
Hi, I tried a boxercise type class once and really enjoyed it, but my new gym doesn't do any which is a shame. The circuits one sounds good, I may see if they do one.

It can be tough trying to motivate to exercise though so I can understand that- I always feel as though I can't really be bothered and have to mentally kick myself out the door!

Good on you for choosing a hotel with a gym and pool, that's positive thinking! Hope the trip goes ok.

I'm not on real buzz, I'll have to check it out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?