Tuesday, July 14, 2009

 

The Arch to Arc Challenge!

Ultra runner Jo Kilkenny set off from London at 5:15pm today in her attempt to become the first female to complete the Enduroman Arch to Arc challenge...


For those who don't know, the A2A consists of a little 84 mile run from Marble Arch in London to Dover, a mere swim across the English Channel, and a wee 184 mile cycle ride from Calais to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris! I can't ever imagine myself doing anything as seriously hardcore as that, but Jo is an amazingly fit lady who has put a lot of preparation and training into this event so I have every confidence she will be successful.

You can catch up with Jo's progress and give her support on the live feed. Jo also has her own website.

My efforts lately have paled into insignificance in comparison- I was supposed to go for a run tonight but felt less than great so stayed in and ate lots of ice cream and chocolate!

Labels:


Comments:
It's unbelievable what some people can put themselvs through.

I just wish my back would hold out for something like that.

I find the only trouble with beaing an 'aspiring endurance athlete' or even the more mundane 'aspiring 1-2 stone lighter plodder' is that work gets in the way.

This week sees me with a 10K on Friday & Sunday, but next week sees me travelling for the best part of four days which will play havoc with any training planned.

Oh well, maybe I will surprise myself.
 
I'd love to do something like the A2A but I am never going to be able to swim any great distance.

I know what you mean about work- it's hard enough trying to fit everything in around a full time job, but if you have to travel away from home too that must be really difficult.

I hope that your 10k's went well- have you got a race blog anywhere?
 
My normal race blog is on Real Buzz.

Although I haven't updated it yet.

http://www.realbuzz.com/blogs/u/Miserable_Bleeder/the-slowliness-of-the-long-distance-runner/

Having just spent over 11 hours driving (over Sunday and Monday) I'm not going to get chance to update it until later this week.

After that journey (Telford to Worthing and back) I'm knackered.

The 10K was pretty poor (started well but faded badly) at 64mins but I'm glad I forced myself to do it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?