Thursday, July 30, 2009

 

Back On Track???

Thought it was high time I updated- I was going to do it Wednesday, honest I was, then we had a power cut- that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I had a lovely weekend in Blackpool. Saturday was actually nice- it was a novelty to have a day without any of the wet stuff, in fact it was pretty warm, so me and my sis took a walk round Nicky Nook, in the Trough of Bowland area. It's not a long walk but it's quite scenic.

We were walking down the road to the footpath when we saw a roe deer buck in a field;


Roe Deer

I only got a blurry photo as he jumped a wire fence and high tailed it into the woods.

We followed a track through woods to the reservoir;


Grizedale Reservoir

There was a huge slab of stone by the path so we sat and chatted for a time, which was great as we don't often get the chance to do that. There was a short steepish ascent to the trig point on Nicky Nook, and we had a great clear view right over to the jagged skyline of the Lakes.


The Lakes And M6 Motorway


Me On Nicky Nook

After the walk we had a deserved cinamon scone in Scorton.

Sunday I went to see Shayla, the pony my sis is part loaning. We took her into the indoor school and I had a walk and trot- I wasn't on her for that long but could feel my legs for a few days afterwards!

Two cute kittens live in the house opposite my sis, and think her garden belongs to them (her own two cats aren't terribly amused!) It was fun to watch their antics;


Adopted Cat!

I didn't do much Monday night, and went to see Lucky Tuesday. I felt so bad about my lack of training and crap eating that I stopped the car on the way home, got out and jogged for 30 minutes in my work clothes and trainers!

Wednesday I hauled myself back to my Total Tone class (ooh that hurt!) and last night I went out for a walk/ run which turned out to be more of a walk as I was chatting on the phone at the same time...

I think I'm back on track- or getting there... I will feel better after the Dipper on Sunday!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?