Sunday, July 12, 2009

 

Decision Time Soon...

I may have to make a decision soon. As you know, I've gone and entered the Robin Hood Marathon in September- and was also considering tackling the Bullock Smithy, although it's the weekend before the Robin Hood.

But I've seen another Ultra I quite fancy the sound of... it's called the Druid's Challenge, and is a 3 day ultra event along the Ridgeway- the complete 85 mile length of the Ridgeway trail. It takes place in early November and food and accommodation (floor space!) are included... and I really want to do it!

I am wondering whether to go for this instead of the BS and stage my BS rematch next year? I am a bit skint so have to limit the amount I splash on races as it's a dear do... and of course there's the Beacons Ultra in December I need to enter very soon in case it sells out- decisions decisions...

Labels:


Comments:
Looks a good one.

As an alternative, what about the Longmynd Hike in October ?

50miles in 24 hours around the South Shropshire countryside.

I quite fancy doing all three, but over the space of 3 years as it would take some time to do the training.

But the Druid Walk is going to be bookmarked for future reference.
 
Hi, the Longmynd Hike looks a good one to do too, that's the trouble- there are so many races to do!

It can be difficult fitting them all in and training as well as expensive- although the Druid Challenge looks quite reasonable.

I have entered the Beacons Ultra in December too- 46 miles I think.

I am struggling to motivate myself this week- feeling very tired! How's your training going?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?