Tuesday, July 07, 2009

 

An Overdue Update!

I haven't written for a while... I'm actually not at home at the moment! I'm house and cat sitting for a colleague. It's quite odd being in somebody else's house- although I do have use of the laptop.

The cat- a Ragdoll called Louby Lou- doesn't seem fazed though. She comes running to greet me and sleeps on the bed with me every night. Mind you, Ragdolls are not noted for their intelligence so she maybe just thinks her mum's dyed her hair and put on a couple of stone...

I have been keeping up the training though; 4 miles on the treadmill alternating between 4 minutes at 5.5 mph and 4 minutes at 6.5 mph, seems tough but I think it's getting easier!! I haven't done a lot of actuall running outside on pavements though so will need to make a start pretty soon as I will have to cover 26.2 miles in September...

I have started the 'bingo wings reduction' but haven't noticed any reduction yet, my arm flab still keeps moving for several minutes after my arms have stopped, mind you it's only been a week I suppose.

So tonight's the night- I am going to go out and cover 5- 6 miles!!

Labels:


Comments:
My training has been poor this week.

Although, I have been thinking about training if that counts ?

And I managed to limp around the Shifnal Steeplechase Half Marathon last weekend in spite of the back.

On a more positive note I have now entered the following for this year

Belper Rover 30K
Seagrave Wolds (Again)
High Peak Trail (A BHF Event).

And now there is a 4 week count down to the 54321 Salisbury Trail Marathon.

*Gulp*

Here's hoping this week is better.
 
Hi BM

I have weeks like that sometimes, it can be so difficult to keep up the motivation to train.

Well done on the Shifnal Half though, and hope your back's ok.

I have done the Seagrave Wolds challenge a couple of times, it's a good event, I may do it again this year.

I think you will be fine for the Salisbury Trail, you have some good distances under your belt- I really must build up my on road distances for the Robin Hood marathon.

Hope you have a good week!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?