Monday, August 10, 2009

 

Back From The Seaside!

I am back from a really pleasant break with mum, little sis Katie and the dogs in mum's van at Wells-Next-The-Sea. We were really lucky with the weather- the only rain we had was overnight on Thursday night.

When we set off on Wednesday it was absolutely pouring, but by the time we got there Wells was bathed in sunshine and it was pretty warm. As usual the dogs were excited to be there; it is however impossible to go to the toilet quietly in the night in the van as Jake hears you get up and gets so excited to see somebody awake that he tries to get into the tiny toilet cubicle and wags his tail. Unfortunately his tail is approximately two thirds of his length and space in the van is somewhat limited, so he ends up beating a staccato against the bedroom doors and wakes everyone else.

We had a walk through the woods Wednesday, and I borrowed mum's bike later and went up the lane for 45 minutes, disturbing a baby hedgehog. Thursday we walked down into Wells and had a browse and bowl of salad and chips (a half healthy meal!) in The Globe, accompanied by wasps, which meant a great deal of dancing around from Katie as she is terrified of the stripy little b*ggers.


On Route To Wells

Friday was quite dull so we went for a look around nearby Fakenham, which seems to consist of craft shops, charity shops and a large Tescos. Everywhere seems quite dog friendly though and the dogs got a biscuit each at the first craft shop.

I had a walk out in the evening, down lanes which I later realised were marked as private land- oops! I saw a pair of tiny muntjac deer, but wasn't quick enough to photograph them- well I have a vague brown blob which could actually be anything. It was getting dark as I walked back down the footpath, and a small hollow had filled with mist, creating a most unusual effect as the footpath was completely clear.


Evening Mists

Saturday was a scorcher, so we packed up lunch and carried chairs to the beach, where we found a prime spot in the dunes. I had intended to go for a walk, but thought sod it, I don't often get chance to chillax on the beach. Jake decided to re-enact World War One by digging trenches in an attempt to bury his ball and we sat and read the papers.


Jake Digging For England

We played with the dogs in the water, and they were joined by a collie who just wanted to run with Jake but he wasn't really interested...


Jake In The Water


Gemma In The Water


Jake, Gemma And Friend

It was quite a lazy week, but I didn't feel too bad as I had done the Dovedale Dipper and probably needed a rest, well, that's my excuse!!


Perfect Sun, Sand, Sea And Sky...

I redeemed myself Sunday by hauling my ass into the gym and running for 30 minutes, covering 3 miles, so it's not all bad...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Looks great fun.

Our three dogs would love playing in the sea.

If you're interested the reports on the Bent Clees Challenge & the Salisbury 20K walks are on Real Buzz.

Whilst the pictures are on Facebook if you are on there.
 
Hi there

I have read your race reports, there are some lovely photos on your blog. I love the cross country types of events more than road races really. I will check out facebook too but I have problems getting onto that site for some reasons and haven't been able to for a few weeks.

I bet Jake would love playing in the sea with your dogs- he is a very sociable dog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?