Wednesday, August 26, 2009

 

Knackered...

I am feeling really tired this week... bummer really as it's my last big push before the Robin Hood Marathon! The council have already put up signs in advance warning of road closures and it's getting closer and closer...

But I have really struggled to motivate myself to train and haven't done anywhere near as much as I should have done! I think that this is partly due to my body rebelling after all the intensive MdS training and partly due to the fact that I have realised that I much prefer walking/ running off road/ cross country than on roads and pavements.

I think I am going to have to rethink times... when I entered I was hoping for an optimistic 4 1/2 hours finish but am going to have to lower my sights to around 5 1/2- 6 hours and accept that fact that I may need to walk/ run! I know I am capable of completing 26.2 miles- just not all running. On roads.

On a brighter note I did go out and do 13 miles on Sunday, cross country and on tracks, and ran almost all of it. By 11 miles I had ran out of water and was gasping, and my life was saved by an ice cream van at Colwick Country Park selling cold cans of coke- I normally hate normal coke but this tasted like heaven!

I have been to my Total Tone class tonight and went onto the treadmill for 20 minutes speed work after- which is probably why I am knackered! I am planning an 18 mile route for Sunday and then will start to taper- although I haven't got much to taper from!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Yoinks !!

I had the same feeling as last years Loch Ness Marathon rumbled inexorably closer.

It was only the fact that I couldn't defer my entry or cancel my flight that led me to do the damn thing.

I (and my plodding partner) just ran/ walked for 6:01 until we finished.

Ouch !

Just keep going, after all if you've done the MDS, what have you got to fear ?
 
Thanks for that MB, I think I will do what you did and run/ walk my way through it.

How has your week been?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?