Sunday, August 16, 2009

 

Nothing Much Doing...

It's been a non event sort of week. I have been attempting to undertake some sort of training for the Robin Hood Marathon which is now looming large- 4 weeks to be precise!

I still haven't really build up the mileage like I should have done... I did 7 miles Tuesday night and went out yesterday with the intention of doing 10 in a double circuit round the next village. Rather stupidly I didn't bother taking water with me, and I quickly became very thirsty. As I didn't have any money on me either, I dashed into the public loos in Burton Joyce (trying to ignore the pools of sick some thoughtful person had decided to re-decorate the loos with) and gulped down a few handfuls from the cold tap.

By the time I had done 8 miles I was feeling quite bad, and ran/ walked a further 1 1/2 miles back home for a few glasses of fresh cold water- where I was hoarse for at least an hour afterwards. I'm sure my problems were due to letting myself become too dehydrated. Lesson learnt!!

On the plus side I have been keeping up with the gym work since returning from the seaside and went back to my Total Tone class Wednesday- god it was tough!!

I have a gym review this morning, so it will be interesting to see what she says...

Hope everybody has a good week!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I seem to have totally stopped running. Which is not good, when I have the Lake Vyrnwy Half coming up in a few weeks.

Also, the small matter of the Cotswolds Challenge at the end of September.

I'm slowly starting to get back into the exercise classes with Fri, Mon, Wed and today being completed.

So I'm hoping that the running mojo will reappear soon.

Keep up the training.
 
I can really identify with that as I am finding it so difficult to motivate myself to train towards the Robin Hood marathon- feels as though my body is rebelling!

Well done on getting back into the exercise classes- more than I have achieved this week!

I am sure your mojo will return soon- I think we maybe need to give ourselves a break sometimes!

Keep up the good work and hope you have a good weekend
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?