Sunday, September 20, 2009

 

Lazy Week...

I haven't done much at all this week training wise... I have been so lazy! All I have done is a few little walks, I haven't even set foot in the gym!

Mind you, the rest has probably done my knee good as (touch wood!) it's been fine since Sunday. There are some race photos but I don't think I'll be buying anything as, as usual the photographer has caught me at some worst possible moments... other people have photos of themselves striding purposefully forwards, smile on their faces and not a hair out of place- the very epitome of a long distance runner...

Not me. I am always portrayed as red, sweaty, about to collapse and looking about 90 years old!

I did walk round the Netherfield Lagoons on Friday, as the weather was so lovely. There were pink and white plants all along the river bank on the path down to the Lagoons;


Plants By The River

It was lovely and peaceful, you wouldn't realise that this nature reserve lies just behind a huge retail park.

I really must get my butt back into gear though as I feel rather flabby and out of shape- I also have my next challenge in my sights- the Beacons Ultra, organised by Likeys- 45 miles over two loops in the Brecon Beacons... I really would like to do both laps again this year if I can.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm looking forward to my lazy month as well, I just haven't figured out which on it is yet !!

Had a nice walk around Chatsworth yesterday for the BHF Challenge, which turned out to be much harder than the website leads you to believe.

It was a fantastic little event, though and I would love to do it again next year.

Pics are on the blog.
 
I think we all need a lazy month sometime! Glad you enjoyed Chatsworth, I did that one some years ago and it was a good event- some tough climbs though.

Definately one I'd like to do again.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?