Wednesday, October 28, 2009

 

Another **** Setback!

Well, there certainly haven't been many adventures at all lately, and definately not much endurance...

In an effort to get back into the swing of things after a week long headache, I decided to go for a run last night.

Big mistake.

I set off down the road and my left knee started to twinge in exactly the same place it hurt on the last day of the MdS. Fine, I thought, I'll walk instead. So I did around 5 miles no problems... except for when I was nearly home and decided to run across the road.

It was agony! I staggered up the road, trying my best not to limp too obviously but every few steps I had to stop and try to stretch or massage my leg- I really thought I wasn't going to get home!

Then it just went off- it was really odd- I walked the rest of the way home no problems. I have been for a few short walks since, and have felt a slight twinge so there is obviously something wrong...

...Added to this the fact that I feel considerably below par again today so probably won't do anything today, and the two loops of the BRecons Ultra is looking more and more unlikely. B*gger!

I did have a nice encounter on my short walk the other night though- I was just leaving the houses of Netherfield behind when a badger started to walk across the road in front of me. He saw me and stopped. I stopped too and we just studied each other before he continued his way. I felt quite priveledged!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Damn !

I struggled at Beachy Head in the latter stages with my left knee.

I don't know what the dog did when she ran into it, but it's definitely twinging.

Hope it gets better soon.
 
Sounds nasty, there's nothing more frustrating than an injury!

Hope both our knees get better soon- funnily enough mine is the left knee too!

I've been reading your write up of the Beachy Head- some lovely photos.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?