Sunday, October 11, 2009

 

I'm Still Alive!


Flapper Girl!!

I haven't updated for a while! Nothing really earth shattering has happened in my life, although the Augrabies has just finished, so huge congratulations to Al, Martin, Mimi, Matt, and anybody I may have missed. Fantastic result, this is one I'd love to do one day... so many things to do, so little time and money...

My training has been going steadyish but not earth shattering. I have had a training review, and my instructor has added some different cardio and weights to keep things interesting- intervals on the stationary bike, and some set interval training programmes.

Yesterday was quite interesting- I was invited to a wedding- but not just any ordinary wedding- a 1920's/ 30's themed wedding! I took the plunge and hired a long, black 'flapper' style dress complete with feather boa, pearls and feather head-dress, and the bride looked lovely in a handmade 1930's style dress. The ceremony was done by a lady vicar who was quite overcome with emotion a couple of times (or else she was trying to stop laughing at the sight of so many people in costume making tw*ts of themselves!!)

As we were having the photos taken, someone remarked that it would confuse the hell out of anybody researching the family tree in 200 years time!!

It was a fantastic day, and luckily the weather was gorgeous... suppose I'd better think about training again now though!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?