Thursday, October 01, 2009

 

Rejection!!!

I have been rejected... for next year's London Marathon. The ballot has been drawn and I was obviously surplus to requirements!

Still, at least I don't have the worry of getting to London, paying for accommodation, and of course the pressure of all that bl**dy training for the event.

Thought I might be coming down with something as I felt really knackered over the weekend, and started to get excited at the prospect of a few days in bed, doing nothing- but sadly it wasn't to be...

I have been a bit of a stranger at the gym lately, it's a wonder they still recognise me- although I did put in an appearance at Total Tone last night. It's getting so popular I can hardly find a space in my preferred location (right at the back!) and last night somebody nicked my spare weights so I was forced to use the heavier ones for all the arm workouts!

I am working my way up to going to the gym tonight...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Me too !!

Although I do have the Cornwall Coastal Marathon (Day before the VLM) for consolation.

As for the gym, we've just been informed at work that Overtime is now banned, so my membership of Cannons will now have to be cancelled at the end of the year.

It also means that I shall have to pick and choose the races next year, and also I might actually get to do some training !!!

Now steady on there .....
 
Hi, shame about the overtime, it can be frustrating as these events do cost quite a lot to enter!

The Cornwall Coastall Marathon sounds good, a bit too far for me to get to though unfortunately.

Good luck with your training!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?