Monday, November 09, 2009

 

Oh Dear

I really haven't been very good lately. I've struggled to find motivation to force myself away from the computer and out into the fresh air or the rather muggy, sweaty recycled air of the gym...

My efforts have been a couple of walks during the week. Although one was around 5 miles, that's hardly the stuff or endurance legend!

I had to miss two days of work last week because of this bl**dy migraine/ virus thing, which of course meant a few days of missed exercise too. Hopefully now though I've kicked that into touch.

I ventured into the gym Sunday (surprised they still recognise me...) and used the weights, rowing machine and elliptical trainer. I decided to test the knee so went on the treadmill and tentatively selected a 10 minute pre-programmed workout which consisted of slow jogging and walking uphill. The knee seemed fine, so I added 5 minutes gentle running. It was still ok- then- I have had a few twinges today...

... I think that the plan for the week is to see how it goes with some gentle walking and slow running. If it's still bad I may try swimming or using the bikes at the gym- I've got to do something or I will end up wedged in this chair!!

Hope everyone else is having more luck with their training...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Some more luck is being had on this front.

Hopefully tonight will mean Circuit Training and Pilates (To help the lower back).

A bit more on Thursday & Friday and then the Seagrave Wolds Challenge.

Are you doing it this year ?

Me and the GF, will be doing it without the dogs (too many styles), so we'll have more hands free to grab the grub !!

The route is in reverse this year as well.
 
Bugger !

We didn't do it, due to the bad weather.

Regretting it a bit now, but never mind.

Here's to 2010.
 
Hi MB

I know what you mean, I've done that- decided not to do an event and then kind of regretted it...

I have done the Seagrave Wolds before but just aren't doing anything much at the moment!

MUST get back into it...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?