Thursday, December 17, 2009

 

Another Good Week!

Not feeling too bad at all this week... I really feel like I am getting back into it despite feeling rough again over the weekend. I decided to go out Tuesday night for a 6 mile run/ walk around the next village, and ended up running all of it (although slowly!) I called into Tesco Direct for a few Christmas present ideas and got a few strange looks...

Wednesday I went to the gym, and although I didn't push myself too much, I felt really strong. The trainer who usually reviews my program with me- Helena- came over for a chat. Sadly (but not for her) she's been promoted, which means she will be on the gym floor instead of handling the reviews. I could use another trainer but I have quite a varied selection of workouts at my disposal, so will probably just mix and match as I go along. I am not working towards anything specific at the moment, the plan is to keep a good level of fitness ticking over to do various LDWA events and runs next year.

I need to save some money before I plan my next big jaunt!!!

Of course, that thing called Christmas is upon us once again (is it me or are the years getting shorter!) so everything kind of slows down but we also seem to get incredibly busy. I notice that the only day my gym is shut over Christmas is Christmas Day; it's usually nice and quiet between Christmas and New Year- then come Jan 1st it's bloody heaving!!

Sigh... suppose I had better set some fitness goals at some point to keep my current motivation up!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've also got the Gym bug over Christmas, plan to get my moneys worth with a few quiet classes next week.

Then the 2010 plan quicks in with a Half Marathon on th 27th and a 5mile run on NYD.

I've also been at work for the entries for next year. Based upon previous reports by one Steph Cooke I've decided to give the Grindleford Gallop a go .... as a (slow) Runner.

Let's hope the back holds out.

The blog (Not too much on it at present) is as follows

http://the-glassback-chronicles.blogspot.com/

I've just got to ensure that it is sanitised for work (unlike the Realbuzz one).

Have a good Christmas.
 
I am impressed- a run on New Year's Day- I'm not likely to be fit for anything!

Like your new blog, I'll put a link to it from mine, I am planning on doing the Charnwood Marathon (good route) and hopefully Grindleford (you can't possibly run slower than me...) so may see you there.

Hope you have a great Christmas too. Look forward to reading your race reports.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?