Thursday, January 14, 2010

 

Getting A Bit Fed Up With It Now...

The weather that is. I mean, the snow is ok at first, it makes everywhere look pretty and is quite good fun to crunch through. But then it hangs around and freezes night after night, and turns the pavements and roads into a lethal ice rink.

It's so cold and frosty out my motivation for anything more strenuous than sitting watching telly and eating my own bodyweight in chocolate just goes out of the window.

I did venture out for a walk on Saturday- we had quite a lot of snow overnight Friday so I grabbed my camera and took a few pretty snowy pics on my usual 7 miler round Stoke Bardolph and the Lagoons;

Pretty Snow Pictures...







The Lake Had Almost Completely Frozen Over



We did have a bit of a thaw Tuesday night, as it was wet, most of the snow and ice had gone so I took the opportunity for a run, dodging the worst bits- I'm a bit of a wimp and not too good at keeping my feet on dodgy terrain! Unfortunately it froze overnight and was absolutely lethal yesterday, we had to stay in the office all day at work- then to add insult to injury it snowed again!

I think it's gone now though so I may even be able to walk to the gym without fracturing something...

I have entered the Belvoir Challenge, which is to be my first event of the year, so better get up to covering 26 miles in a day again! I have also entered the Grindleford Gallop, which is a fun one to do.

I have also booked to see a nutritionist- I figure that some professional advice on what I should be eating whilst exercising won't go amiss as I guess chocolate's not an ideal fuel! Although I have to keep a food diary before I go- and be honest...

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I'm not sure about eating my weight in chocolate, but I'm sure we gave it a go over Christmas.

We had a tin of Roses that we planned to take to work (to stop us eating them), these were placed by the front door and made it until Sunday the 3rd, when they were opened for a small 'treat'.

3 days later they were all gone.

B*gger !!
 
Hi, have a read of the three or 4 most recents post; reading bottom up as always on a blog. Might have a few interesting bits for you.
http://www.sportsscientists.com/
 
Hi MB

I still have biscuits and chocolate here and am trying very hard to resist but am failing miserably too- keep telling myself that when they are gone then that's it!

Much easier to put on weight than to lose it!
 
Hi Rich

How are you doing? Is this a new site- looks good.

Hope the preparations are going ok for Atacama.
 
Hi Steph. It's been going for a few years. It's been mentioned on the forum before. I subscribe to the emails. Sometimes the posts are of interest, others not so much. Very knowledgeable and sensible stuff written there though. All scientific, no mumbo jumbo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?