Friday, January 01, 2010

 

Happy New Year!!! Here's To 2010!!

A very happy New Year to everybody! Here's to 2010- a brand new decade! Personally I have decided that it's going to be a fantastic New Year for me, and I hope it's the same for all of you and that you achieve all your goals and aspirations.

I went to a 1970's party last night hosted by my little sister's boyfriend's family- it was really good, lots of food, games and dancing- me and mum danced for ages, and when the Can Can came on all of us ladies got into a line and got straight into the leg kicking... only it went on for ages- I swear it was on a repeat loop- and we were all knackered by the end! good exercise though I suppose!


Me in 1970's Gear!

I slept on my sister's settee and woke up quite early (I usually do- getting older robsme of my ability to lie in). There was no sign of life from my sis and her boyfriend's room so I got up and drove to Beacon Hill, which is only just down the road from them. It was a gorgeously crisp, clear day;


Views From The Top Of Beacon Hill



It was quite busy- other folks obviously had the same idea. I followed the path down to the bottom car park and an alternative path back up- only about 3 miles but a lovely walk and a good start to the New Year.


Rock Formation On Beacon Hill


The 'Old Man Of The Beacon'

I have also set my Wii Fit up and it's great- there are workouts for jogging on there and all kinds of balance and strength training workouts. I am going to try to commit to using it regularly to supplement the gym and running.

Right, goals for 2010- I suppose I had better set some so here we go...

1.) Lose weight and tone up- I have put on some weight since MdS and feel flabby, so my number one goal is to lose this and feel more toned

2.) I am not planning on major trips this year due to being skint, so am planning on doing lots of LDWA events- ones I have in mind (but may change) are;
Belvoir Challenge
Charnwood Marathon
Dave Lewis Challenge and Spires & Steeples in the SAME weekend
Ponton Plod
Waltham Winder (if it's on)

3.) I will also successfully complete the Bullock Smithy!

4.) I will participate in some road races, including the Robin Hood Marathon at a better time than last year.

Overall I am quite please with my progress last year- highlights were the MdS (of course!) and the Robin Hood Marathon. Lowlights were the lack of motivation following said MdS and susequent weight gain, plus living further away from the countryside.

Of course, this is the year I turn 40- f***!

Feel free to share your goals- here's to achieving them!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I'm in Charnwood as well, but opted for the South Shropshire Circulare rather than the BC (Close to home).

The BS does look appealing, and I shall keep that weekend free, but it's still a heck of a challenge.

As for the Waltham Winder I emailed them to ask about 2009 entries being valid for 2010 and still haven't received a reply, which is a bit off.

Anyway have a good 2010.
 
Hi MB, you're right the BS is a heck of an event, the year I attempted it everywhere was so wet and muddy so hoping for a drier year...

Not good about the WW, did you actually pay an entry fee? I wonder if it will run this year?

Thanks a lot, hope you have a really great 2010 too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?