Sunday, February 07, 2010

 

Well Overdue Post!

I haven't posted in a while. I guess that I have been putting off updating my age in my profile!!

Center Parcs was very good- it was absolutely pouring when I arrived. I joined my mum and stepdad and the others arrived at various stages. Unfortunately, they don't allow you to drive through to the villas and unload until 3pm, so at around 2:45pm there was a mad scramble as everybody descended on the car park and started to queue...

We had two villas side by side, they were quite comfy (though we did have mice in the cupboard under the sink!)

Center Parcs is not really a relaxing holiday. As well as the swimming dome, there is lots to do and you need to walk everywhere so we acually got a fair bit of exercise. My stepdad is a keen 'twitcher' and had previously seen a woodpecker whilst in the hide at the Country Club. As he had a massive new camera lens to try out, me, him and mum walked the considerable distance to the hide, and were rewarded by the sight of the woodpecker. We left him happily snapping away and wandered around the shop.

The funny thing was, we were eating breakfast in the villa the next day and I looked out of the window and saw a woodpecker!


An Unexpected Dinner Guest

Me, Katie and Dan had a game of crazy golf- think I lost...


Crazy Golf

My birthday was really busy- it's not often you get to play badminton, go swimming and play ten pin bowling all on the same day! The swimming was fun- there is a new ride which involves going down a waterslide in a big inflatable ring! We all went down the rapids several times too- quite scary as the water takes you and you can't control where you're going! My older sis managed to rick her neck trying to recreate the lake scene from Dirty Dancing with her husband, but apart from that there were no major injuries!


The Cake

My older sis had had the cake made and it was gorgeous- in the shape of a green hill, with shrubs and rocks made of icing, with a girl with blond hair (me!) sitting on a boulder studying a map!

They decorated the villa up with lots of banners and balloons, plus suitably embarrassing old photos... no, they will not find their way on here!


My Balloons!

So- I am now officially 40. Not 30 something. That's scary! Time to get off my backside and get back to running! Unfortunately that's kind of been on hold lately as I came back from Center Parcs with a stinking cold so did nothing at all for several days.

I suddenly realised there is only 3 weeks until the Belvoir Challenge so forced myself out the door today and covered about 12 miles round Stoke Bardolph, the Lagoons and Colwick- and am aching a little!

Labels:


Comments:
Good luck for Saturday.

I shall be out as well in the wilds of Shropshire, looking at a map in confusion.
 
Hi MB and thanks, looks like it's going to be muddy!!

Good luck for Shropshire, I'm sure you won't get lost!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?