Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

An Easy Week...

I have taken it quite easy this week, and as I've found somewhere to live I will be throwing myself into moving over the next few weeks- always an ordeal!!!

Although I have been to the gym and out on a couple of strolls- I walked the long way to Tesco to get my shopping!

A couple of congratulations are in order... to Rich for a successful Atacama Crossing. Rich attempted this last year but was unfortunately pulled out due to a serious illness- however he blazed through it this year; read his race report on his blog.

Also to Mimi for winning the Namibia Desert Challenge- awesome! Read her race report on her site.

Well, it's nearly MdS time again... I can't believe it's almost a year since I boarded the coach and started my journey to Morocco. I wonder what this year's competitors will face- scorching sun or floods and rain!! I feel a really strong tug of nostalgia- I want to be back there again, tackling the dunes, the endless flat plains and the mountains with the amazing people I shared the experience with.

One thing's for sure- I will be going back to the Sahara. It's still kind of unfinished business for me...

Labels: , ,


Comments:
hi steph,
i've just discovered your blog.
i found it looking for info about the charnwood marathon, which i'd not heard of before seeing it in TGO earlier today.
nice to (virtually) meet another local kindred spirit.
are you entering the charnwood marathon next weekend? do you know if they might still be taking entries?
i am planning an attempt of the leicestershire round over a weekend in april - this would be good training...
cheers,
ian.
 
Thanks Steph. I took a photo for you in the Atacama. See if you can find it in the report!
 
Hi Ian, great to meet you too! I'm not entering the Charnwood Marathon this year as I will be in the middle of moving, it is a good course and I'm pretty sure you can enter on the day, although it may be an idea to check. I'm sure it doesn't fill up though.
Your Leicestershire Round challenge sounds good- I will be following your progress! Doing it over a weekend is pretty impressive...
 
Hi Rich, I loved your write up and photos- I did find the one you took for me!!
 
If you do Charnwood, good luck.

I'm on my second bout of Man-Flu this year and won't be there.

Fed of it now, just want to get out and do some serious training.

anyway, onwards and upwards no point moping, as there are a couploe of runs next weekend, before the Bath Beat the following weekend, and the Valley & Views at the end of April.

Might be free of germs by then
 
Hi MB- I didn't do Charnwood either as I'm moving next weekend. Considering the Valleys and Views again though.

Sounds as though you are really suffering at the moment, maybe you need to rest to get rid of the virus completely. Hope you're feeling a lot better soon, it must be getting frustrating.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?