Monday, July 05, 2010

 

Bit Slack Posting!!

I seem to have forgot about posting lately... although the good news is I haven't forgotten all about training- I've still been doing some!!

Last Tuesday I decided to go to the Watersports Centre at Holme Pierrepont and do a double circuit of the Regatta Lake- approximately 3 miles all the way round. It is quite a demoralising run, as you can see the end of the lake (which is basically a huge rectangle) seemingly miles away, and it never seems to get any closer. Finally, you round the top and start the long stretch down the other side- into the wind. Add to this several groups of geese to negotiate and lots of geese sh*t- I had had enough by the time I got to the top of the lake a second time but stuck with it and ended up doing 8.25 miles by the time I got home.

I have also introduced my body back to the gym, and taken a few local walks/ runs in the evenings. Here are a few pics;


                                           Baby swans!!
I must must MUST do a long walk very soon... I have had a busy couple of weekends so am actively planning one for Saturday. At the moment I am flirting with John Merrill's Little John Challenge walk- it's fairly local, I haven't done it yet and it's 28 relatively easy miles...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?