Wednesday, August 18, 2010

 

I'm Still Alive!!

Just!! Really must update more...

I have the Nottingham Ultra this Sunday- 50K starting in Blidworth and following the Robin Hood Way to finish at Nottingham Castle. Transport to the start from the castle is included. I would be looking forwards to it, but am suffering from the usual lack of training blues... I don't really feel as though I have done all that much.

Although I have been to the gym and I have been out; I went to Wells-Next-The-Sea for the weekend 7th to 8th August and didn't do much beyond the odd potter down to Wells and on the beach (I did run on the sand with Jake so that counts!). Luckily I booked a couple of days off work, so made up for it by doing a 15 mile walk/ run to Radcliffe-on-Trent and Shelford on Tuesday and a good gym session on Monday.

This weekend I went out for a 12 mile walk/ run Saturday and a yomp round my old stomping ground, Bradgate Park, before descending on mum for tea. Typical though- just because I had decided not to take a camera with me, a red deer stag bounded in front of me and posed for what would have been a great photo- sigh...

Does anyone else get those times in their lives when the motivation to train just isn't there? I will give it my best in Sunday, and at least there is no time limit, but I suspect that I will be last...

... in the meantime here are a couple of pics of my couple of days in Wells;

                                           Rainbows And Boats

                                           Dragonfly At Titchwell- A Ruddy Darter Apparently

                                          Titchwell Nature Reserve

                                          Gemma On The Beach

                                           Jake- Sea And Shadows

Labels: ,


Comments:
I can't run at all at the moment because I have a pulled hamstring. So be thankful you can and enjoy the (relatively) good weather before winter is upon us. I should be starting slowly this weekend.
 
Good luck for the Notts Ultra, too far to travel for me this weekend.

And yes the DL challenge is one I have chosen as a replacement event. I did originally enter an event called "Where Raven's Dare" in South Wales, but it was remeasured at 25.5miles.

Don't fancy two in two days, as I'm a bit of wimp.
 
Hi Andrew, sorry to hear about your hamstring- hope you are on the mend soon.

Hi Ross- the Notts Ultra was good- surprisingly hot!

Judging by the number of events you have packed into this year, I would definately not call you a wimp!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?