Tuesday, September 28, 2010

 

A Relaxing Few Days!

I have been down to Wells-Next-The-Sea with mum, Katie and Gemma- Jake stayed with his Dad, sadly :-(

Luckily it was the week following the Ponton Plod so I was still recovering, so was able to take it quite easy. Wednesday night we walked onto the beach and watched hundreds of geese fly overhead;



Thursday we had a mooch round Sheringham in the rain and wind;



Me and Katie went for a run Thursday evening, we covered about 4- 5 miles on flint lined tracks and a path by the woods, disturbing a muntjac deer which went crashing off into the trees. We went at quite a good pace and I felt quite strong.

Friday we had an extremely windy walk around Hunstanton and endurance 2 penny slot machine playing...



Saturday we had a last walk round Wells before eating chips in the car and driving home;


I have made up for it since being back though, with a toughish gym session Sunday and a 19 mile run/ walk today (got the week off work)! I stayed fairly local, taking the cliff path through Radcliffe-on-Trent to Shelford and up to the bridleway by RAF Newton down to Saxondale village- didn't get lost this time!! I extended the walk by taking in a circuit of the Regatta Lake at Holme Pierrepont Watersports Centre, my legs were truly aching by this time but I still managed to run the last half mile home.

I need to go out and cover around 13 miles tomorrow, to try to get my body used to long walks on two consecutive days if I am going to be able to complete the Dave Lewis and Spires and Steeples on the same weekend. Unfortunately I have commitments for the next two Saturdays, so will need to fit in some kind of back to back stuff, even if it's a tough gym session after or before a long walk.

The two marathon days should be good training for this year's Brecons Ultra, which is drawing ever closer!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?