Sunday, September 12, 2010

 

Today Was The Robin Hood Marathon...

... but I hadn't entered it! Rather unfortunately I could hear the loud speaker from my house when I was still in bed, so this motivated me to get my arse out of bed and off for a walk/ run in preparation for next Sunday's planned Ponton Plod.

I decided to go up Tollerton Lane past the air field to the footpath towards Cotgrave, then took a detour up to Clipston Woods. There is a handy sort of square route which follows bridleways and public rights of way tracks through the woods, and back towards Cotgrave.

                                                    Berries  In The Woods

                                                    Toadstools

I usually turn off the byway onto a footpath towards Cotgrave, picking up the earlier footpath and following it ot the canal and then home, but today I wanted a longer route, so I followed the byway back to the road at Clipston and retraced my steps to the footpath to Cotgrave.

                                            Looking Towards Cotgrave

                                          Nearing Clipstone

For the first time ever I followed it all the way into Cotgrave instead of turning off down to the canal.

                                                    Back On The Footpath

The road from Cotgrave leads down towards the canal and I had originally planned to return home along the canal- but I was feeling good so decided to carry on past the canal to return across the fields to Bassingfield. I bought a very welcome lemon iced tea drink from a petrol station and set off along the pavement/ cycle track- to be overtaken by an ex work colleague and his wife out on a bike ride.

The rest of the walk was familiar and pleasant- it was sunny but quite breezy so not overwarm. I managed to run a fair bit of it, not sure how long it was as I forgot my Garmin but I'd guestimate 14- 15 miles. Must do it again and measure it...

I popped into Morrisons for a few bits and bobs- not sure what the other shoppers thought, maybe they were under the impression that I had just completed the marathon! Must be time for chocolate...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?