Sunday, October 10, 2010

 

A Good Training Week; For A Change...

I've had an unusually productive week! Partly because I've been reading  Ray Zahab's book- 'Running for My Life'- which is an account of his transformation from beer swilling and chain smoking self destructiveness to awsome ultra runner. He has done MdS twice and has also crossed the entire Sahara on foot!

Ok, my week wasn't quite that impressive but not too bad training wise... last Sunday was a fairly tough session in the gym, and I was busy socially Monday and Tuesday night, so Wednesday I found my first night running route- I found a big loop around Gamston which is about 3 miles and lit the whole way, so I ran this twice and a little extra to make 6 3/4 miles. This was the furthest I had ran on pavements for quite some time and I felt ok.

Thursday I ran/ walked my Bassingfield and canal route with a little extra loop to make 4 miles. Friday I had a very tough session at the gym, pushing myself to cover a quite fast 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by 20 minutes on the ellipticals at a high resistance.

Saturday wasn't quite so arduous- I went with Katie and the Leicester Penguins Swimming Club Team swim in a gala in Aylesbury. Katie came 2nd and 3rd in her races and the team came 2nd overall, so a great effort. Today was a 12 miler around some old haunts; I parked at Morrisons in Netherfield and took my old route across the fields to Stoke Bardolph, then headed along the Trent to Burton Joyce. I picked up the bridleway which eventually connects with the river and returned along the river banks, eventually skirting Netherfield Lagoons. I encountered a few herds of young cows, but luckily they were obviously used to walkers and hardly batted an eye. My total distance was 12 miles, tomorrow I will go out and complete another 8 after work and then I will be on a taper for the weekend and my double whammy of the Dave Lewis Challenge and Spires and Steeples- hope the weather is just as nice as it's been today!

Hope everyone else has a good week!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?