Thursday, October 14, 2010

 

Ready For The Weekend?

I've been tapering this week ready for the double marathon challenge this weekend. My last proper run was 8 miles Monday night, so have just had some shorter runs/ walks since.

I have a sort of strategy in my mind... when I last did the Dave Lewis I felt really ill afterwards- really bad headache, shakes, sickness. I put it down to the fact that there was biscuits and sweets on offer at the checkpoints rather than the usual cakes, and I hadn't taken anything with me, so it's probable that I just didn't eat enough. I have plenty of 9 bars, mule bars and other stuff which I'll take, and also a flask of coffee so I can have a cuppa before we start (and part way round! I'm such a caffeine addict...) I need to make sure I finish the Dave Lewis in as good a shape as possible if I'm to complete the Spires and Steeples the next day. This means that I will take it quite a bit slower than usual- probably won't run.

I have a sachet of recovery drink powder so will put a water bottle in the car so I can have that when I have finished, plus I have a recover bar for the journey home. For the Spires and Steepls I have a snickers to look forwards to- as long as I beat the cut off time of 1:30pm at the half way check point at Metheringham. I will have 5 hours to get there so will hopefully be long enough!

I will be happy if I complete the Dave Lewis in under 9 hours and the Spires and Steeples in under 10 hours, anything quicker than that is a bonus. I'm sort of looking forwards to it in a perverse kind of way...

... bring it on...

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?