Thursday, January 27, 2011

 

Getting There... Slowly...

I appear to have finally shaken off the never-ending cold and cough! I am now building up my training again slowly and, erm, what else has happened? Oh yes... I have turned *cough* 41...


Thanks Katie for the cakes. I am determined that I will regain my fitness this year and complete lots of wonderful events, plus complete my Marathon Challenge this year and next.

This week I have so far completed a 10 mile walk/ run round Clipston and Cotgrave. I spotted a strange looking bird by the canal on my way back but typically I didn't have my camera with me. Looking on t'internet I can only describe it as some sort of peahen- odd!

I went to the gym Saturday and sweated my way through a workout so am off there again tonight to push myself a little harder!

I also have me secret weapon...

                                                    The Elliptical Trainer!

This little tool is fantastic- it is so easy to drag it into position and jump onto it as I watch telly- I have used it for 1 hour on Monday and 1 hour last night. I thought that if it is something convenient and easy to use I will actually use it! It will also come in very useful if we get more snow and ice and I don't fancy doing my Bambi-on-ice impression outside.

Right... off to the gym now. First challenge of the year is likely to be the Belvoir Challenge- I am aiming to do this in around 8 1/2 hours- depending on the amount of mud!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?