Saturday, January 01, 2011

 

Happy New Year!! Here's To 2011!!!!

A very Happy New Year to everyone... a brand new shiny New Year! I'm starting it feeling really cr*p with a streaming cold, and woke up feeling hungover even though I didn't drink any alcohol last night (unfair!) but hey...

... my running and long distance stuff seemd to kind of take a bit of a back seat last year and my fitness and waistline have bared the brunt of that, so this year I am going to change that. I did briefly mention the possibility of completing a marathon in each English county, something I would still like to do, but following advice and consideration I agree that completing this over two years rather than one would be more realistic, not to mention easier on the wallet.

It would certainly give me a life as well, as I would still like to be able to do my old favourites such as the Belvoir Challenge (providing I've got my entry in before it's full) and the Grindleford Gallop. Plus I do have a couple of other things happening this year which I can't miss, such as my sister's wedding (wouldn't go down too well especially as I'm a bridesmaid...) plus I have booked a holiday in April. Not a walking one sadly but a tour of Italy, with a friend, which should be good as it takes in some places I've always wanted to see, such as Rome and Pompeii. It will also help to get around the problems caused by several marathons being held on the same day.

So- first aim is to regain sufficient fitness to complete the Belvoir Challenge (providing I'm in) in a good time. However, I can't really start until this cold has gone! Did a 3 mile walk in the drizzle today to let the New Year in... it's a start. Also got a Sony Walkman for Christmas to make running more pleasurable.

What does everyone else hope to achieve in 2011?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?